- 4 garnet yams
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, diced and fried crisp
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about one small lime)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Scrub the yams and pierce several times with a fork or sharp knife. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 45 min to 1 hour until soft all the way through.
- Meanwhile prep topping ingredients. Slice onions, fry bacon, grate the cheese, and place black beans with their juices in a small saucepan to warm over low heat.
- Make the chipotle sour cream by blending the sour cream, chipotle in adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate to thicken.
- When the yams are done cooking, carefully slice open and top with a layer of cheese, drained black beans, scallions, bacon bits, and drizzle with plenty of chipotle sour cream.