- 4 German sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (2 oz) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice sausages into bite sized chunks and sauté in a large soup pot over medium heat until cooked and browned. Drain any excess oil from the pan.
- Add the diced onions and sauté until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the potato and water. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in the corn, chilies, pimiento, half and half, and seasonings. Heat uncovered until it steams. Do not boil!
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cilantro.