- 8 oz chunky pasta, preferably whole grain
- 2 lbs kale rapini or broccoli rabe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions (until al dente).
- While the pasta cooks, chop the rapini into bite sized pieces.
- In a large soup pot over medium, heat the olive oil. Add the rapini or rabe and salt and cook, stirring often, until tender.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the beans and the olives and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- In a large serving bowl toss the pasta and rapini mixture together along with some black pepper and salt if needed. Ladle into individual bowls and top with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.