In my opinion the ultimate guacamole makes the avocado the star of the show. I don’t add tomatoes (save it for the salsa). There’s just enough lime juice to make it zesty and just enough spices to make it, well… spicy, but none of these ingredients should overpower the avocado. Definitely mash the avocado with a fork to give it the perfect texture. You should have some small pea sized bits of avocado remaining in all that creamy goodness!
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- ½ large white onion, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice the limes and have the juice ready.
- Mash the avocados with a fork. Immediately stir in the lime juice to prevent browning.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.