- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 to 3 jalapeno peppers (depending on your spiciness preference)
- 2 large Haas avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ pounds carne asada
- Shred the cabbage, dice the bell pepper and onion and place together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor while the blade is turning, drop in the jalapenos to finely dice. Add the avocados, juice of 1 lime and salt. Process until smooth.
Stir the creamy avocado mixture into the cabbage mixture until the cabbage is evenly coated in creamy avocado.
Sprinkle with the cilantro and gently mix.
Heat a grill to high heat. If the carne asada is not pre-seasoned, sprinkle it with your seasoning of choice or salt and pepper. Grill the meat for about 2-5 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the meat.