There’s nothing better than homemade granola fresh from the oven. Gluten free? No problem! Use gluten free oats and quinoa flakes. If you’re not gluten free you can use wheat germ instead of the quinoa. There’s so many ways you can mix up this recipe. I like mine with almonds, pecans, and raisins.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup powdered milk or whey powder
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 F. In a large bowl, mix the oats, powdered milk, quinoa flakes, coconut, nuts, and seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil. Bring to a boil. Pour over the dry mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon until all of the dry ingredients are moistened with the sweetener.
- Spread the granola on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake for 15 more minutes. Stir again and bake for a final 5-15 minutes or until the granola is starting to brown slightly. It will still feel soft but will crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely on a cooling rack. Stir in the raisins and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.