It’s Farmer’s Market time again! The Growers Market is open for the season and this year it’s at Hawthorne Park. That’s only ¾ mile from my house! I can easily walk or ride my bike there. 😃 Last Thursday I found beautiful leafy celery at the Fry Family Farm booth. Whenever I find leafy celery I snatch it up to make this Apple Celery Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese. All of the greenery you see in this salad is celery! If you can’t find leafy celery just use celery stalks and mix in some Romaine lettuce. I also used another new favorite: Opal apples. I’m excited to see what this week’s market find will be!
- 1 sweet crisp apple
- 1 leafy bunch of celery or 4 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 heart of Romaine (if using celery stalks)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Core apple and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Thinly slice the celery. Combine the apples, celery, and crumbled blue cheese in a serving bowl. Tear the lettuce (if using) into bite sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and honey. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with toasted walnuts.